I am in DIRE need of some breakfast ideas that are fast and easy. I have very little time to eat in the AM. Please, please, PLEASE help me!
I don't mean to sound like a total dork here, but DO NOT SKIP BREAKFAST. It is the most important meal of the day! Truly. Here are some quick and simple breakfast ideas...
1. Microwave Scramble - Pour some Egg Beaters (or another fat-free liquid egg substitute) into a mug, microwave with some fat-free or low-fat cheese, and you'll have a delicious scramble in minutes. (Click here for the how-to.) Bonus -- no pan to clean. AWESOME. EASY. And protein-packed!
2. Yogurt and a VitaTop - Grab a fat-free yogurt and a VitaTop (if it's frozen, remember to nuke it), and head out the door. Don't forget a spoon!
3. High-Fiber Tortilla w/ Fat-Free Cheese - Roll up some cheese in your tortilla, heat it in the microwave or toaster oven, and you've got yourself a FAST and WARM breakfast! Or, for an even more filling breakfast, wrap a microwave scramble (#1 on this list) in a high-fiber tortilla... Yum!
4. Three-Minute Oatmeal Mash - In a microwave-safe bowl, stir together a packet of plain instant oatmeal, a heaping tbsp. of canned pure pumpkin, a handful (about 1/4 cup) of Fiber One cereal (original), about 1/3 cup light vanilla soymilk or Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze, 1/4 cup water, and a no-calorie sweetener packet. Then nuke for about two minutes and stir. You'll have a super-fast, super-delicious breakfast for around 165 calories, 3g fat, 10g fiber, and 7g protein (POINTS® value 3*).
Those are my breakfast ideas of the day. TRY ONE TOMORROW!!!!
Dear Hungry Girl,
What are you drinking these days? I mean, what are your favorite non-alcoholic beverages?
Thirsty for Info
Good Q! There are sooo many things to drink out there now, it's hard to figure out what the good stuff is. For starters, I rarely drink beverages that contain a lot of calories (what a waste). For the most part, I drink water. I truly enjoy drinking (room temperature) water and try to down as much of it as humanly possible. In addition to the 8 - 12 glasses of plain water I try to get in daily, I do drink other stuff...
1. Vitaminwater10 - I was SO anti-Vitaminwater for a long time because of how many calories it contains -- but I am ALL OVER this new 10-calories-per-serving naturally sweetened stuff. An entire bottle has just 25 calories -- AND it has vitamins. Good deal!
2. Coke Zero - I don't drink a whole lot of soda, but when I do, I like Coke Zero. Best diet soda out there!
3. FRS Low Cal Concentrate in Orange - Every morning (unless I'm on the road!), I drink a tall glass made with 2 oz. of this FRS, a Splenda packet, crushed ice, and about a cup of water. It helps me feel more energized. LOVE my FRS!
4. Starbucks Via Ready Brew - These individual packets of instant coffee are brand-new and impressive. I've found myself whipping up guilt-free coffee drinks with our sample packets of this stuff lately. It's DEFINITELY worth checking out! It's only sold in some store locations right now, but you can buy it online by clicking here.
CHEW ON THIS: Today, March 25th, is Pecan Day, people! Did you know pecans contain more antioxidants than any other nut? We're so proud of you, li'l pecans!!!
Have a question for Hungry Girl? Send it in! She answers two new Qs each week (but cannot respond to emails personally).
Did a friend send you this? SIGN UP NOW & get your very own DAILY Tips & Tricks!
Having mail issues?Click here for a printable, text-only version of this email. And click here for an HTML version.
*The Points® values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Hungry Girl and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the Points® registered trademark.
Hungry Girl Inc., 18034 Ventura Blvd. #503, Encino, CA 91316