So, the new book is called Hungry Girl 200 Under 200. Why is that? What is the significance of 200? Ooh, and where can I find POINTS® values for the recipes in the book?
Wondering in Wellington
Great questions! I have been hearing them on the book tour a lot! The title 200 Under 200 is definitely catchy, but it's more than just a cute hook. I LOVE eating mini meals and snacks throughout the day. I try to eat every few hours to keep my metabolism up and stop myself from getting too hungry (and then overeating) at mealtime. So I wanted to put together a book of recipes that would give people delicious and satisfying options with less than 200 calories each. 200 is the magic number because it's enough to fill you up, but it won't weigh you down. Not only does the book have recipes for scrambles, frittatas, pizzas, wraps, quesadillas, and salads (all AMAZING mini meals), but it also has recipes for fun and delicious "snacky" stuff, like smoothies and shakes, dips and dippers, appetizers, and decadent desserts. There's even an entire chapter devoted to cupcakes with less than 150 calories each! I hope you find the recipes in the book satisfying and also motivating -- my goal is to help you become more creative in your kitchen so you can come up with your own guilt-free snacks and mini meals using the fantastic ingredients featured in these recipes. As for the Weight Watchers POINTS® values, you can find those (plus color photos of every recipe!) over at our book website. There's also a handy-dandy PDF you can print out that features all the info in one place. (Click here to download it!) Or just grab a marker and write the POINTS® value for each recipe right there in the book. Woohoo!
Please tell me your picks for the five most satisfying ways to kick a chocolate craving without feeling guilty or taking in too many calories. Easy ones -- I don't want to make anything!
Cheryl the Chocoholic
OK, here are my current five favorite ways to consume chocolate without guilt (and without cooking, assembling, or preparing!). I say current because I do like to change it up every now and then. Ready?
1. Vitalicious VitaTops - You probably know I'm obsessed with these high-fiber, 100-calorie treats. But I seriously can't say enough good things about them. My favorite chocolate flavors are the Triple Chocolate Chunk and the Fudgy Peanut Butter Chip, but I absolutely love, love, love them all! I eat these regularly and recommend them to anyone who likes chocolate cake, chocolate muffins, chocolate cookies, and/or brownies.
2. Jell-O Sugar Free Pudding Snacks - Only 60 calories each and SO MANY chocolatey options -- Double Chocolate, Chocolate Vanilla Swirl, and more. These are creamy and delicious. Homerun!
3. Frozen Fudge Bars - I don't even need to name names here... but I will! The Skinny Cow, Healthy Choice, Fudgsicle -- they all make FANTASTIC no-guilt fudge bars that each have 100 calories or less. These are GREAT -- especially now that it's getting warmer out.
4. Swiss Miss Diet Hot Cocoa Mix - These packets are AMAZING... despite the fact that it's getting warmer out! They're really chocolatey and satisfying for just 25 calories each. A bargain! You do have to heat up some water, but that's still a pretty easy chocolate fix!
5. Sweetriot - Whether you indulge in the "peaces" or the new chunky UnBars, this cacao-packed stuff is INSANELY good and chocolatey. A tin of the peaces or one UnBar has 140 - 190 calories, 11 - 14g fat, and a bunch of fiber (POINTS® value 3 - 5*). And a little goes a long way, since it's so rich. It's ESPECIALLY satisfying for dark-chocolate lovers!
CHEW ON THIS: Today, May 6th, is Beverage Day. Okay, whoever is coming up with these holidays is getting laaaazy. Still, we plan on celebrating with our rockin' Shamrock Shake swap. Cuz' we don't care that St. Patty's Day has passed...
HG News You Can Use! Change your eating habits for the better this spring. Weight Watchers ROCKS and they can help. Click here NOW!
Have a question for Hungry Girl? Send it in! She answers two new Qs each week (but cannot respond to emails personally).
Did a friend send you this? SIGN UP NOW & get your very own DAILY Tips & Tricks!
Having mail issues?Click here for a printable, text-only version of this email. And click here for an HTML version.
*The PointsPlus® and SmartPoints™ values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Hungry Girl and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe, or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark and SmartPoints™ trademark.
SmartPoints™ value not what you expected?Click here for more info on how the values are calculated, plus more FAQs about PointsPlus® and SmartPoints™ values on our website.
Hungry Girl Inc., 18034 Ventura Blvd. #503, Encino, CA 91316