Yee-haaa! It's another edition of Hungry Girl Salutes! Today we pay homage to the world's giddiest farm animal -- the one, the only... The Laughing Cow, and her Light Creamy Swiss cheese wedges. Read on for a bazillion recipe ideas, tips, tricks, and so much more...
What Is It?
The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss Cheese Wedges
PER SERVING (1 wedge): 35 calories, 1.5g fat, 180mg sodium, 1g carbs, 0g fiber, 1g sugars, 2g protein -- PointsPlus® value 1*
"The perfect blend of rich creamy-delicious imported Swiss cheese with a touch of cream. The perfect spread for your favorite snack foods." Not to be confused with Mini Babybel Light (those hard cheese hunks wrapped in red wax), these are WEDGES, people, sold in 8-piece wheels. Besides that fancy imported Swiss cheese, these also contain cheddar, giving them a slightly milder, more awesome taste. So awesome, in fact, that we here at HG always joke that Laughing Cow makes EVERYTHING taste better.
Tips 'n Tricks!
* Having trouble finding it next to the stacks of Kraft Singles in the fridge at the store? Try the gourmet cheese section (if there is one). Also, since these wedges don't need to be refrigerated, you'll sometimes find 'em shelved at the end of the cracker aisle. (Silly wedges!)
* When stirring these into recipes, it helps to let 'em reach room temperature first. It's also a good idea to break your wedges into pieces so they disperse nicely. These two tiny tricks will help make your recipes AT LEAST 20% creamier and more delicious.
* Costco often sells packs of the wheels at amazingly low prices. If you eat Laughing Cow like we eat Laughing Cow, your savings on cheese alone will pay for your Costco membership!
* While our hearts belong to Light Creamy Swiss, we're not afraid to play the field... nor should you be. Seek out the Light French Onion and the Light Garlic & Herb. (Same nutritional stats. Different flavors.) Then get a little CRAZY and try 'em out in your favorite Laughing-Cow-packed HG recipes... even if they call for the Swiss!
* Don't pigeonhole The Laughing Cow -- it's not just for recipes. Use it as a straight cream cheese swap, a sandwich spread, a fruit plate companion, a chip dip... the possibilities are, much like the S's in this word, endlessssssssssssssssssssss.
Crackers are its first love, for sure, but here are some of this cheese's other favorite companions...
Extra-Lean Ground Beef - No joke, folks! Stuff a wedge of the cheese inside a ball of raw beef, and then flatten the thing into a patty, and grill it up. Instant no-guilt cheeseburger... with the cheese on the inside! Check out our Outside-In Cheeseburger Patty recipe to see how this couple spices things up!
Apple Slices - Apples are underrated, and Laughing Cow is the new peanut butter, people. Spread some of the Swiss on a few Fuji slices, and you've got an amazing 100-calorie snack. And remember, neither needs nonstop refrigeration, so they're totally toteable!
Tofu Shirataki Noodle Substitute - We'll let you in on a little secret. You know our classic 79-calorie Fettuccine Hungry Girlfredo? Sometimes we leave the other ingredients out and make our Girlfredo with just the noodles and The Cow. (We use a full wedge.) And it's STILL good.
Spinach - Calling all creamed spinach enthusiasts! Swirl some LCL into steamed spinach for a totally cheesy turn on the creamy classic, but with WAY less fat. (Popeye would be proud!) Or go all out and whip up our onion-enhanced, mushroom-packed, mozzarella-topped version -- click HERE for that!
Who doesn't like CHEESE?! Crazies, that's who! Be a good pal (to your non-cuckoo pals) and click "send to a friend" NOW!!!
Did a friend send you this? SIGN UP NOW & get your very own DAILY Tips & Tricks!
Having mail issues?Click here for a printable, text-only version of this email. And for an HTML version click here.
*The PointsPlus® values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Hungry Girl and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark.
Hungry Girl Inc., 18034 Ventura Blvd. #503, Encino, CA 91316