Just bought Almond Breeze (Unsweetened Vanilla). What should I do with it?
AB Advice Please
Dear AB Advice,
Way to go! You have purchased my favorite milk-like product on the planet: Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze. I am in love with that stuff. Madly, in fact. Why? Because it has half the calories of most light "milk" options, and the flavor is WAYYYYYY better. An 8-oz. serving of UVAB has just 40 calories (not to mention 25 percent of the daily value for vitamin D), and it's super creamy! INSANITY. There are dozens of ways to use this stuff -- including HG recipes that call for light vanilla soymilk -- but I don't think there's room to share them all! Here are some of my favorites...
1. Over cereal. Use a half-cup serving, and you'll add just 20 calories to your cereal. Or use more for a LARGE bowl of cereal, like our Ginormous Cereal Bowl-anza!
2. In smoothies. It's a delicious, low-calorie base for blended fruit drinks. Just toss it in the blender with your favorite fresh or frozen fruit, some ice, and maybe a little no-cal sweetener. So good!
3. In lattes and other coffee drinks. Ditto -- a great base. Calories in lattes and frozen coffee beverages often rack up quickly. UVAB eliminates that STAT. (BTW, click here for some of my other product picks for making coffee drinks.)
4. To make an AMAZING and large low-cal glass of chocolate "milk." I LOVE this. Just stir 2 tbsp. Hershey's Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup and a Splenda packet into 8 oz. UVAB. It's great over lots of crushed ice. Mmmmmm! And only 60 calories and 3g fat (POINTS® value 1*).
After a year and a half on Weight Watchers, and 86 lbs. down, I'm fighting a serious weight-loss plateau over here. What do you do to re-energize and motivate yourself when you've gained and lost the same pound for the past few months?
Stuck Scale in Sacramento
Dear Stuck Scale,
First of all, OMG, congratulations are in order! You've lost 86 lbs.! That is INCREDIBLE. Please do not for ONE SECOND downplay how awesomely amazing that is. Please! OK, now that we have that out of the way, we can address the plateau. I am by no means a plateau expert, but here are some tips that might help...
1. Change it up. Try altering what you're eating. You may be in a food rut! You could also try eating your largest meal in the afternoon instead of dinnertime. That works for me...
2. Work out a little more. This might not sound like fun, but think of it as a nice way to kick your weight loss into gear! And remember, even small increases in activity add up. Walk more, take the stairs... move around! The more you move, the more calories you'll burn.
3. Don't "cheat" the system. I'm not saying YOU do this, but some people push the limit on POINTS® (you know who you are, POINTS®-limit-pushers!). Don't undercount or fill your day with items that juuuust qualify as a lower POINTS® value. Maybe overestimate a little bit for a week, and see how that goes for you.
4. Don't lose sight of portion sizes. Make sure you haven't unintentionally been increasing your portions. Toss your food on a kitchen scale every so often.
5. Be patient. You are ROCKING. Truly. What you are experiencing is very common. That's a lot of weight to have lost in 18 months, and your body may just need some time to adjust. Do NOT let this discourage you. Just hang in there and stick with it, and you'll get over the hump. Really, YOU WILL!
Keep in touch and let me know how it's going... okay?
HG on Food Network! Don't miss Lisa (Hungry Girl herself) THIS FRIDAY (3/26) on an all-new episode of The Best Thing I Ever Ate! Tune in or DVR it -- the show airs at 10pm/9c! The theme is "Served Cold" and, be warned, Lisa's chilly pick is NOT guilt-free!
CHEW ON THIS: Today, March 24th, is National Chocolate Covered Raisins Day. Raisins are great, but we're celebrating with 100-calorie packs of Cranberry Raisinets instead!
Have a question for Hungry Girl? Send it in! She answers two new Qs each week (but cannot respond to emails personally).
Did a friend send you this? SIGN UP NOW & get your very own DAILY Tips & Tricks!
Having mail issues?Click here for a printable, text-only version of this email. And click here for an HTML version.
*The PointsPlus® and SmartPoints™ values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Hungry Girl and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe, or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark and SmartPoints™ trademark.
SmartPoints™ value not what you expected?Click here for more info on how the values are calculated, plus more FAQs about PointsPlus® and SmartPoints™ values on our website.
Hungry Girl Inc., 18034 Ventura Blvd. #503, Encino, CA 91316