Whip up some of this tasty, thirst-quenching stuff and your fellow BBQers will thank you!
Ingredients: 1 tub (8 servings) Crystal Light Lemonade drink mix 4 oz. Torani Sugar Free Raspberry Syrup 4 oz. Torani Sugar Free Peach Syrup
Directions: Prepare lemonade per package instructions. Stir in the syrups and serve over ice. Serves 8!
The average person attending a Memorial Day BBQ will consume at least one beer, a hot dog, a burger, chips, coleslaw, potato salad and dessert. Whoa! That can easily exceed 1,500 calories! THINK BEFORE YOU CHEW... DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU!
* If your host is offering hot dogs, burgers and chicken breast, go for the chicken (but remove the skin if it's still on there). The chicken is your safest bet for a low-cal, low-fat meat fix.
* Are turkey burgers, turkey franks or chicken sausage up for grabs? Be careful! Some are lean, but others have almost as much fat and calories as the beef versions. You might want to sneak into the kitchen to read the packages (inconspicuously, of course).
* Is it a BYOM (Bring Your Own Meat) event? Show up with skinless boneless chicken breast, fat-free hot dogs (or ones with less than 5% fat) and Boca Meatless Burgers. They all grill up AMAZINGLY well on the BBQ, taste fantastic and will save you tons of fat and calories!
Against the Slaw
Those mayo-infested side dishes are what you REALLY need to look out for. Potato salad, macaroni salad and coleslaw are all major no-nos. But slaw can be saved! If you can get to a sink, rinse your coleslaw (until the water runs clear) to wash calories and fat grams down the drain. It'll taste great (it's already soaked up lots of flavor), but won't have all that excess fatty goo. Just do it!
Hungry Girl BBQ Tips!
* If you're drinking beer, make it light. You'll save calories and carbs! Psssst... Beck's Premier Light has just 64 calories and 1 Point per 12 oz. bottle!
* When it comes to frozen treats, stick with non-creamy ones. Fruit bars and shaved ice are better choices than ice cream treats like cones, bars and sandwiches.
* BBQ some veggies! Corn on the cob, asparagus and onions are awesome when grilled, and they'll fill you up. But skip the butter.
CHEW ON THIS: May 28th is National Hamburger Day. The ground-beef-burger-and-bun combination first appeared in America at the 1904 World's Fair in St. Louis, MO. Happy 103rd birthday, Hamburger! (Psssst... You don't look a day over 100.)
Psssst... Use the "send to a friend" feature. It's fun, and it makes people happy!
Did a friend send you this? SIGN UP NOW & get your very own DAILY Tips & Tricks!
Having mail issues?Click here for a printable, text-only version of this email. And click here for an HTML version.