This is the text version of Hungry Girl.
To see the accompanying visuals and links, go to:
Hungry Girl Today: 10.21.11
GIRLS BITE OUT
We're delivering our essential tips for guilt-free pizza eating... straight to your computer screen! Read on and chew safely...
HG's TOP ATE Tips for Pizza Ordering
1. Thin crust or Neapolitan is almost always a better choice than Sicilian or pan pizza.
2. Repeat after us: "Easy on the cheese."
3. Load up on veggies. Just make sure they're not breaded and fried!
4. Beware of fatty meats! Sausage? Skip it. Bacon? Buh-bye. Pepperoni? Please. To feed these cravings, turn to HG's slimmed-down recipes (like this one)!
5. There's no shame in pizza blotting. Blot the oil off your pizza. Do it.
6. Don't JUST eat pizza -- have a small salad too (dressing on the side; dip, don't pour)! Then you can enjoy a slice or two without feeling deprived and still hungry.
7. Options to avoid: deep dish, stuffed crust, and specials with the word "Supreme," "Ultimate," "Works," or "Lovers" in the title... unless accompanied by the word "Veggie." Also avoid doughy side dishes. (What is the point of eating cheesy breadsticks dunked in marinara sauce WITH pizza? It's just more of the same!)
8. Options to indulge in: whole-wheat or whole-grain crust (especially thin-style), fresh veggies, red pepper flakes, sliced olives, grated Parm (just a few sprinkles!), garlic powder, extra tomato sauce, jalape