This is the text version of Hungry Girl.
To see the accompanying visuals and links, go to:
Hungry Girl Today: 02.06.08
ASK HUNGRY GIRL
Dear Hungry Girl,
I'm looking for fun ways to get more fiber into my diet. I know all about the
fruits and veggies that are high in fiber, but I am wondering if you can point
me in the direction of some high-fiber foods that are more snacky or fun.
No problem! Im a bit fiber-obsessed, so Im just going to start rattling off the
names of some of my favorite delicious fiber-packed stuff, and I'll tell you
how many grams of fiber (plus the calories, fat and POINTS® values) a
serving of each one contains...
1. Fiber One Chewy Bars (1 bar = 140 - 150 calories, 3.5 - 4.5g fat, 9g fiber -
- POINTS® value 2 - 3*)
2. Gnu Bars (1 bar = 130 - 150 calories, 3g fat, 12g fiber -- POINTS® value
3. VitaTops (1 VitaTop = 80 - 100 calories, 1 - 2.5g fat, 5 - 6g fiber --
POINTS® value 1*)
4. Original Fiber One Bran Cereal (1/2 cup = 60 calories, 1g fat, 14g fiber --
POINTS® value 1*),
5. Yoplait Fiber One yogurt (one 4-oz. container = 80 calories, 0g fat, 5g
fiber -- POINTS® value 1*)
6. FiberGourmet Light Pasta (2 oz. uncooked = 120 - 130 calories, 1g fat, 18 -
20g fiber -- POINTS® value 2*)
7. Zen Bakery Fiber Cakes (1 Fiber Cake = 80 calories, 1.5g fat, 13g fiber --
POINTS® value 1*)
8. La Tortilla Factory Whole Wheat Low-Carb/Low-Fat Large Tortillas (1
tortilla = 80 calories, 3g fat, 14g fiber -- POINTS® value 1*)
9. Hostess 100 Calorie Packs in Chocolate Cake or Cinnamon Streusel
Coffee Cake (1 pack = 100 calories, 3g fat, 5g fiber -- POINTS® value 1*)
10. Lightfull Satiety Smoothies (1 smoothie = 90 - 100 calories, 0 - 1g fat, 5 -
6g fiber -- POINTS® value 1*).
Phew! All of these items taste great and are super-filling, too! (Pssst... Dont
miss this GREAT fiber-centric email we ran last year.)
What are ten things you have in your fridge or pantry at ALL times these
days? What are the current HG must-haves and why?!
Dear Grabbin Groceries,
WOW -- I probably have a LOT more than ten things on hand at all times. But
Im going to throw together a list for you and try to stick to the top ten of the
moment. Plus, I'll tell you why I REALLY love these items... Keep in mind,
this list could change a bit by next week -- but right here and now, here are
1. Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze - I use this in cereal, recipes, coffee,
etc. It's low in calories and tastes fantastic!
2. Fuji apples - One of my daily go-to snacks.
3. Canned pumpkin - A must-have for recipes and as an oatmeal add-in
(also my bunny eats it daily!).
4. Laughing Cow Light Cheese Wedges - Humans should NOT live without
these for too many reasons to go into here.
5. Egg Beaters (or another fat-free liquid egg substitute) - For scrambles and
omelettes any time of day. And it's a key ingredient in our faux-frying
6. Ruby Red grapefruits - My newest fruit obsession.
7. Fiber One Bran Cereal (original) - For breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and
recipes, this is the most filling cereal ever (14g fiber per serving!). It's also
THE essential ingredient for faux-frying.
8. Soups - Soup is pretty much a daily thing for me. It keeps me full, so I eat
less afterwards. I tend to stick with ones that have 120 calories or less a
serving. I love canned soups from Progresso and Amy's.
9. VitaTops - I have to have these around because they are what I reach for
when I need a cookie, brownie, cake or muffin fix. They can be stored in the
freezer for months (thank goodness!).
10. House Foods Tofu Shirataki noodles - I never get tired of these. They are
a must-have for anyone who loves eating big bowls of pasta without a lot of
calories. Again, I snack on em (with some sauce) and use them in a gazillion
recipes. I also toss em into my frozen entrees to make each meal really
Check out the latest HG Shopping List as well... you can print it out and take
it with you to the store!
For links in this email go to:
CHEW ON THIS:
February is National Cherry Month! Remember, tart cherries can help
regulate your bodys sleep cycle. So cherry it up, people!
Have a question for Hungry Girl? Send it in! She answers two new Qs each
week (but cannot respond to emails personally).
Send to a Friend:
Terms & Conditions: