| || |
Shrimpylicious Egg Rolls
PER SERVING (1/3rd of recipe, 2 egg rolls): 198 calories, 1g fat, 759mg sodium, 33g carbs, 3.5g fiber, 4g sugars, 14g protein -- PointsPlus® value 5*
- 4 cups (about 1/2 of a 12-oz. bag) dry coleslaw mix
- 4 oz. cooked and chopped ready-to-eat shrimp
- 1/2 cup canned sliced water chestnuts, drained, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup bean sprouts, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced widthwise
- 2 tbsp. reduced-sodium/lite soy sauce
- 1 tsp. crushed garlic
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Dash black pepper
- 6 large square egg roll wrappers (stocked with the refrigerated Asian items in the supermarket)
- Optional: sweet & sour sauce
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick spray.
Put slaw mix in a large microwave-safe bowl with 2 tablespoons water. Cover and microwave for 2 minutes, or until slaw has softened.
Drain excess water. Add all remaining ingredients except wrappers and optional sauce. Mix well. For added flavor intensity, cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes (optional).
Place an egg roll wrapper on a clean, dry surface. Evenly distribute 1/6th of slaw mixture (about 1/2 cup) in a row a little below the center of the wrapper. Moisten all four edges by dabbing your fingers in water and going over the edges smoothly. Fold the sides about 3/4 inch toward the middle, to keep the mixture from falling out the sides. Roll the wrapper up around the mixture and continue to the top. Seal with a dab of water. Place on the baking sheet, and repeat with remaining wrappers.
Spray egg rolls with nonstick spray. Bake until golden brown, 25 - 30 minutes. If you like, dip 'em in sweet & sour sauce!
MAKES 3 SERVINGS
* A version of this recipe can be found in the "International Favorites" chapter of Hungry Girl 300 Under 300: 300 Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Dishes Under 300 Calories!
Hungry for More? Egg rolls ROCK and wontons do too. Click here for Wowowow! Wonton Soup!
*The PointsPlus® values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Hungry Girl and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark.