| || |
Rockin' Lean Bean Casserole
PER SERVING (1/8th of casserole): 100 calories, 2.5g fat, 436mg sodium, 16g carbs, 3.5g fiber, 4g sugars, 3g protein -- PointsPlus® value 2*
- Two 16-oz. bags frozen French-style green beans, thawed, drained, and dried
- Two 10.75-oz. cans 98% fat-free cream of celery condensed soup
- One 8-oz. can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 oz. (about 15 pieces) onion-flavored soy crisps, crushed
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a casserole dish (a 2- to 3-quart rectangular one works best) with nonstick spray and set aside.
Make sure the green beans are thoroughly drained and completely dry -- use a towel, if needed. Then place half of the green beans in the casserole dish.
Pour 1 can of the soup evenly on top of the layer of green beans. Place half of the sliced water chestnuts over the soup layer. Cover with the remaining green beans and then top with the remaining can of soup. Evenly top with the remaining water chestnuts.
Bake in the oven for 45 minutes. Top with crushed soy crisps, and return the dish to the oven until crisps turn golden brown, about 10 minutes.
MAKES 8 SERVINGS
* A version of this recipe can be found in the "Party Time" chapter of Hungry Girl: Recipes and Survival Strategies for Guilt-Free Eating in the Real World!
Hungry for More? How about an unconventional casserole that kids will LOVE? Check out this recipe for Not-Your-Mom's Tater Tot Casserole!
*The PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Hungry Girl and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe, or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark and SmartPoints® trademark.