| || |
Caramel Swirl Cream Puffs
PER SERVING (1/12th of recipe, 1 cream puff): 120 calories, 3.5g fat, 266mg sodium, 22g carbs, 0g fiber, 6.5g sugars, 1.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 3*
- 1 package refrigerated Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations Seamless Dough Sheet (or HG Alternative!)
- 2 1/2 cups Cool Whip Free, thawed from frozen
- 3 tbsp. (3/4 of a 4-serving box) Jell-O Sugar Free Fat Free Vanilla Instant pudding mix
- 1 sugar-free chocolate pudding snack with 60 calories or less (like the kind by Jell-O)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. fat-free or light caramel dip (like the kinds by Marzetti), room temperature
- Optional: raspberries
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray (butter flavored, if available) and set aside.
Roll dough out into a 12" X 9" rectangle. Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut dough into 12 squares. Place each square of dough into a muffin cup, and press it into the bottom and up along the sides to form a little dough cup.
Bake in the oven until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Remove and let cool.
Put whipped topping in a large bowl and add instant pudding mix. Stir until blended, thickened, and uniform.
Add chocolate pudding in dollops, and then gently swirl into the whipped topping mixture -- do not mix until uniform.
Remove dough cups from the muffin pan and evenly distribute pudding mixture among them.
Drizzle each with 1/2 tbsp. caramel dip and use the end of a spoon or fork to swirl it into the pudding mixture. Serve with berries, if you like. Enjoy!
MAKES 12 SERVINGS
HG Alternative! If you can't find the Recipe Creations dough, go for Pillsbury Reduced Fat Crescent roll dough. (The products are nearly identical.) Then just pinch/seal up the perforations for a seamless sheet.
* This recipe can also be found in the "Speedy Sweeties" chapter of Hungry Girl 1-2-3: The Easiest, Most Delicious, Guilt-Free Recipes on the Planet!
Hungry for More? Click here for another dough-licious dessert -- Frosted Peachy Pinwheels a la Mode. And here's more caramel for ya -- Caramel Bread Pudding for Two!
*The PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Hungry Girl and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe, or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark and SmartPoints® trademark.