Mostly Roasted Veggie Explosion
PER SERVING (1/8th of platter): 70 calories, <0.5g fat, 97mg sodium, 15.5g carbs, 7g fiber, 6g sugars, 3g protein -- PointsPlus® value 0*
- 1 lb. asparagus
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, stem removed, seeded, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 yellow bell pepper, stem removed, seeded, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 eggplant, ends removed
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- 6 - 8 fresh basil leaves
- 6 - 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small jicama, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-wide sticks
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, stems removed
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray 2 baking sheets with nonstick spray.
Cut off and discard the tough ends of asparagus stalks. Lay asparagus, carrots, and pepper strips on the sheets.
Cut eggplant lengthwise into 6 - 8 quarter-inch slices. Blot away excess moisture. Arrange the eggplant slices flat on the sheets. Sprinkle veggies with salt and black pepper.
Bake veggies in the oven until tender, about 15 minutes.
Once veggies are cool enough to handle, place one basil leaf lengthwise on an eggplant slice. Add a cherry tomato at the short base of the slice. Roll up eggplant around the tomato and secure with a toothpick. Repeat with remaining eggplant slices.
If you like, refrigerate eggplant rolls and roasted veggies until completely chilled, at least 1 hour.
Arrange roasted veggies on a platter with the jicama and sugar snap peas. Time to veg out!
MAKES 8 SERVINGS
* This recipe can also be found in the "Dip It Good" chapter of Hungry Girl 200 Under 200: 200 Recipes Under 200 Calories!
Hungry for More? Hooray for veggies! Click here for an entire email devoted to veggie picks, plus a delicious veggie dip recipe!
*The PointsPlus® values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Hungry Girl and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark.