| || |
Veggie So Low Mein
PER SERVING (1/4th of recipe, about 1 1/2 cups): 114 calories, 2g fat, 995mg sodium, 23g carbs, 6g fiber, 9g sugars, 6g protein -- PointsPlus® value 3*
- 3 packages House Foods Tofu Shirataki Spaghetti Shaped Noodle Substitute
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium/lite soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar (or granulated no-calorie sweetener)
- 2 tsp. chicken-flavored powdered consommé
- 1 cup quartered mushrooms
- 1 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 bag (about 12 oz.) frozen Chinese-style stir-fry mixed vegetables
Use a strainer to rinse and drain noodles. Thoroughly pat dry. Roughly cut noodles and set aside.
To make the sauce, in a medium bowl, mix soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, consommé, and 1/2 cup hot water. Set aside.
Bring a large skillet or a wok sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Add fresh and frozen veggies. Cook and stir until hot, 5 - 7 minutes.
Stir sauce and add to the skillet or wok. Continue to cook and stir until sauce has thickened, 3 - 4 minutes.
Add noodles and cook and stir until hot, 1 - 2 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
* A version of this recipe can be found in the "Mini Meal Mania" chapter of Hungry Girl 200 Under 200: 200 Recipes Under 200 Calories!
Hungry for More? Here's another delicious swap for a classic Chinese item -- HG's Veggie-rific Fried Rice!
*The PointsPlus® and SmartPoints™ values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Hungry Girl and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe, or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark and SmartPoints™ trademark.