| || |
Hungry, Hungry Artichoke Hummus
PER SERVING (1/8th of recipe, about 1/4 cup): 56 calories, 0.5g fat, 400mg sodium, 9g carbs, 3g fiber, 1g sugars, 3g protein -- PointsPlus® value 1*
- 1 cup canned artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/4 cup fat-free vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt (like the kind by Fage)
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp. dried parsley flakes, plus more for optional garnish
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. paprika, plus more for optional garnish
- One 15-oz. can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
Put all ingredients except chickpeas in a blender.
Using a potato masher or a fork, thoroughly mash the chickpeas in a bowl. Transfer to the blender. Puree until smooth, stopping and stirring if blending slows.
For best flavor, refrigerate hummus for several hours. Before serving, add a sprinkle each of paprika and parsley flakes, if you like. Serve with pita chips, cut veggies, or your guilt-free dippers of choice!
* This recipe can also be found in the "Dip It Good" chapter of Hungry Girl 200 Under 200: 200 Recipes Under 200 Calories!
Hungry for More? If you think artichokes in hummus is crazy, check out our Holy Moly Guacamole recipe -- there's a surprising ingredient in there too!
*The PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Hungry Girl and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe, or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark and SmartPoints® trademark.