| || |
Super-Simple Apple-Cinnamon Dessert Crepes
PER SERVING (1/2 of recipe, 1 crepe): 130 calories, 2.5g fat, 209mg sodium, 24g carbs, 0.5g fiber, 12g sugars, 1.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 3*
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup diced Fuji apple (about 1/2 apple)
- 1/8 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. reduced-fat/light cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Cool Whip Free, thawed from frozen
- Two 9-inch ready-to-use dessert crepes (like the kind by Frieda's or Melissa's)
- 1 tsp. fat-free or light caramel dip (like the kinds by Marzetti), room temperature
- Optional: powdered sugar
In a small nonstick pot on the stove, combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and salt with 2 tbsp. cold water. Stir to dissolve. Add diced apple and lemon juice and stir. Bring to medium heat and cover. Cook until apple has softened and liquid has thickened, about 5 minutes, uncovering often to stir.
Remove pot from heat and transfer mixture to a bowl. Allow to cool for several minutes. Thoroughly stir in cream cheese. Fold in whipped topping.
Lay crepes flat on a dry surface. Evenly distribute apple mixture between the crepes. Fold each crepe up envelope-style, first folding the sides in, and then folding/rolling it up from the bottom.
Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Place crepes in the skillet with the seam sides down. Cook them until slightly browned, about 1 minute per side. (Flip carefully.)
Plate your crepes and drizzle them with caramel dip. If you like, sprinkle with powdered sugar. Try not to pass out as you dig in!
MAKES 2 SERVINGS
HG Tip: Look for dessert crepes and caramel dip in the produce aisle!
* A version of this recipe can be found in the "Speedy Sweeties" chapter of Hungry Girl 1-2-3: The Easiest, Most Delicious, Guilt-Free Recipes on the Planet!
Hungry for More? Slap on a beret and make these Gooey-Good Banana-Cream Crepes!
*The PointsPlus® and SmartPoints™ values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Hungry Girl and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe, or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark and SmartPoints™ trademark.