More Surprises, Shockers & Swaps
| || |
'Bella Asada Fajitas
PER SERVING (1/2 of recipe, 3 fajitas): 275 calories, 8g fat, 312mg sodium, 47g carbs, 8.5g fiber, 7.5g sugars, 7g protein -- PointsPlus® value 7*
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 large portabella mushroom caps, sliced
- 3/4 cup sliced bell peppers
- 3/4 cup sliced onion
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt, divided
- 1/8 tsp. chili powder, or more to taste
- 1/8 tsp. ground cumin
- Dash black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup roughly mashed avocado
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tbsp. lime juice
- Six 6-inch corn tortillas
- Optional topping: fat-free sour cream or plain fat-free Greek yogurt
Drizzle a large skillet with oil and bring it to medium-high heat on the stove. Add sliced mushrooms, bell peppers, and onion, and sprinkle with garlic powder, 1/8 tsp. of salt, chili powder, cumin, and black pepper. Stirring occasionally, cook until veggies are tender, about 6 minutes. Set aside.
In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, lime juice, and remaining 1/8 tsp. of salt. If you like, season with additional chili powder, to taste. Mix well and set aside.
Place tortillas on a microwave-safe plate, and microwave for 25 seconds, or until slightly warm. Top each tortilla with about 1/2 cup of fajita veggies and a spoonful of the tomato-avocado mixture. If you like, add a spoonful of sour cream or yogurt as well.
Fold and chew!
* This recipe can also be found in the "International Favorites" chapter of Hungry Girl 300 Under 300: 300 Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Dishes Under 300 Calories!
Hungry for More? Get creative with your fajitas -- here's a Hungry Girl swap for Buffalo chicken fajitas!
*The PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Hungry Girl and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe, or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark and SmartPoints® trademark.