| || |
Ring-My-Bella Mushroom Sandwich
PER SERVING (entire recipe): 263 calories, 10.25g fat, 786mg sodium, 32.5g carbs, 7.5g fiber, 7g sugars, 15.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 7*
- 1 large portabella mushroom, stem removed
- 1 thick slice red onion, all rings intact
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 dashes ground thyme
- 1 stick light string cheese
- 1 tbsp. fat-free mayonnaise
- Dash cayenne pepper
- One 100-calorie flat sandwich bun (like Arnold Select/Brownberry/Oroweat Sandwich Thins)
- 1 tsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread (like Brummel & Brown), room temperature
- 2 dashes garlic powder
- 1 large slice tomato
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
Coat mushroom and onion with oil and sprinkle with salt and thyme.
Bring a grill pan (or large skillet) sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Place mushroom in the pan, rounded side down, along with the onion, side by side. Cook for 5 minutes without flipping.
Meanwhile, pull string cheese into pieces and set aside. Season mayo with cayenne pepper; mix well and set aside.
Flip mushroom and onion in the pan. Top mushroom evenly with cheese, and cook for another 5 minutes, or until cheese and veggies have softened. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Split apart the bun and spread the inside of each half with butter. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Place bun halves in the pan, still over medium-high heat, with the buttered sides down. (Or just toast bun halves in a toaster oven.) Once warm and toasty, after 1 - 2 minutes, remove and plate with the buttered sides up.
Spread the buttered side of the bun's top half with mayo, and set aside. Place mushroom on the bottom half of the bun; top with onion, tomato, and lettuce. Finish off your sandwich with the top half of the bun. Now CHEW!
MAKES 1 SERVING
* This recipe can also be found in the "Sandwiches" chapter of Hungry Girl 300 Under 300: 300 Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Dishes Under 300 Calories!
Hungry for More? Portabellas RULE. Check out this 2-Cheese Sausage 'n Portabella Skillet, and click here for a pizza recipe with a portabella crust!
*The PointsPlus® values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Hungry Girl and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark.