| || |
Honey Mustard Pretzel-Coated Chicken Fingers
PER SERVING (1/2 of recipe, 4 chicken fingers): 349 calories, 2.5g fat, 928mg sodium, 39g carbs, 1g fiber, 13.5g sugars, 37g protein -- PointsPlus® value 8*
- 10 oz. raw boneless skinless lean chicken breast, cut into 8 strips
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. honey mustard
- 1/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
- 20 standard-sized (not mini) hard salted thin pretzel twists
- 1 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. granulated sugar
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray and set aside.
Season chicken strips with salt and pepper. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine honey mustard with egg substitute and whisk well. Submerge chicken in mustard-egg mixture, and set aside to marinate for at least 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, place pretzels in a sealable plastic bag, seal, and finely crush through the bag with a meat mallet or other heavy utensil. Add sugar, reseal, and shake to mix. Spread the mixture out on a large plate or in a large dish. Set aside.
Using tongs, transfer chicken strips to the pretzel-sugar mixture and thoroughly coat. Then transfer them to the baking sheet. (Discard excess mustard-egg mixture.) Mist the tops of the strips with nonstick spray. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, flipping chicken halfway through baking, until the chicken is cooked through.
Eat and enjoy!
MAKES 2 SERVINGS
* A version of this recipe can be found in the "Swingin' Single Meals" chapter of Hungry Girl 1-2-3: The Easiest, Most Delicious, Guilt-Free Recipes on the Planet!
Hungry for More? Try HG's Kickin' Buttermilk Faux-Fried Chicken recipe -- it puts fatty fried chicken to shame!
*The PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Hungry Girl and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe, or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark and SmartPoints® trademark.