| || |
Stuffed 'n Squashed Mushroom Foil Pack
PER SERVING (1/2 of recipe, 1 large stuffed mushroom): 90 calories, 2.5g fat, 400mg sodium, 10g carbs, 3g fiber, 4g sugars, 6.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 2*
- 2 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese, room temperature
- 1 zucchini, ends removed, finely diced
- 2 large portabella mushrooms, stems chopped and reserved
- 1 tsp. finely chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1/8 tsp. salt, or more to taste
- Dash ground thyme, or more to taste
- 1/2 tbsp. reduced-fat Parmesan-style grated topping
- Optional: black pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a bowl, combine cheese wedges, zucchini, chopped mushroom stems, onion, garlic, salt, and thyme. If you like, season with pepper. Mix well. Set aside.
Lay a large piece of heavy-duty foil on a baking sheet. Lightly spray both sides of the mushroom caps with olive oil nonstick spray, and place next to each other on the foil with the rounded sides down.
Spoon veggie-cheese mixture into the mushroom caps -- there will be a lot, so pack it in! Sprinkle with Parm-style grated topping.
Place another large piece of foil over the caps. Fold together and seal all four edges of the two foil pieces, forming a well-sealed packet.
Bake in the oven for 23 - 25 minutes, until mushrooms are tender.
Allow packet to cool for a few minutes, and then cut to release steam before opening it entirely. (Careful -- steam will be hot.) If you like, season to taste with additional salt and thyme. Enjoy!
MAKES 2 SERVINGS
* A version of this recipe can be found in the "Foiled Again..." chapter of Hungry Girl 1-2-3: The Easiest, Most Delicious, Guilt-Free Recipes on the Planet!
Hungry for More? Click here for three more foil-pack recipes -- including a two-serving Cajun fish dish and another rockin' veggie side!
*The PointsPlus® values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Hungry Girl and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark.