| || |
Berry 'Nana Oatmeal Parfait
PER SERVING (entire recipe): 285 calories, 4.5g fat, 359mg sodium, 54g carbs, 6.5g fiber, 21.5g sugars, 9g protein -- PointsPlus® value 7*
1 1/2 hours
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze
- 1 no-calorie sweetener packet (like Splenda or Truvia)
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt with about 100 calories per 6-oz. serving
- 1/2 banana, sliced
Combine all ingredients for oatmeal in a small nonstick pot on the stove. Add 3/4 cup of water and mix well. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and then reduce to a simmer. Cook for about 9 minutes, stirring often, until somewhat thick and creamy. (It will thicken more upon chilling.) Remove from heat and allow to slightly cool. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 1/2 hours.
Stir oatmeal thoroughly until uniform in texture. Spoon half of the oatmeal into a pint glass, and top with 1/4 cup of sliced strawberries, 1/4 cup of yogurt, and half of the banana slices. Repeat with the remaining oatmeal, strawberries, yogurt, and banana.
Serve and enjoy!
* This recipe can also be found in the "Breakfast Bowls" chapter of Hungry Girl 300 Under 300: 300 Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Dishes Under 300 Calories!
Hungry for More? Want more giant oatmeal recipes? Click here for TWO -- Fun-in-the-Sunrise Piña Colada Oatmeal and Salted Caramel Cocoa Oatmeal Bowl!
*The PointsPlus® and SmartPoints™ values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Hungry Girl and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe, or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark and SmartPoints™ trademark.