| || |
Bonus Recipe: EZ Cheesy Lasagna for Two
PER SERVING (1⁄2 of lasagna): 238 calories, 4g fat, 845mg sodium, 31.5g carbs, 5g fiber, 10g sugars, 17.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 6*
- Two 1/4-inch-thick eggplant slices (cut lengthwise from a long eggplant), patted dry
- 1 egg white or 2 tbsp. liquid egg whites
- 1/2 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1/4 tsp. salt, or more to taste
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 sheets oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp. reduced-fat Parmesan-style grated topping
- Optional: black pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Spritz both sides of each eggplant slice with nonstick spray and place on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven until browned and softened, about 20 minutes, carefully flipping halfway through.
Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine egg white(s), ricotta cheese, basil, garlic, salt, and nutmeg. Stir well and set aside.
Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Add mushrooms and, stirring occasionally, cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Stir mushrooms into ricotta mixture and set aside.
In a small bowl, combine Italian seasoning with crushed tomatoes. If you like, season to taste with black pepper and additional salt. Mix well and set aside.
Spray a large loaf pan with nonstick spray. Pour 1/4 cup tomatoes evenly into the bottom of the pan. Top with 1 lasagna sheet. Spread half of the ricotta-mushroom mixture on top, followed by another 1/4 cup tomatoes. Top with 1 eggplant slice.
Repeat layering with 1/4 cup tomatoes, 1 lasagna sheet, the remaining ricotta-mushroom mixture, the remaining 1/4 cup tomatoes, and the remaining eggplant slice.
Evenly top with mozzarella and Parm-style grated topping. Bake until the cheese starts to brown, 20 - 25 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
MAKES 2 SERVINGS
* This recipe also can be found in the "International Favorites" chapter of Hungry Girl 300 Under 300: 300 Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Dishes Under 300 Calories!
Hungry for More? Looking for more lasagna? Check out this super-creamy, extra-decadent lasagna recipe -- Hungry Girlfredo White Lasagna!
*The PointsPlus® values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Hungry Girl and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark.