Sassy Wonton Tacos
PER SERVING (1/4th of recipe, 2 wonton tacos): 96 calories, 1g fat, 302mg sodium, 12.5g carbs, 0.5g fiber, 3g sugars, 8.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 2*
- 8 small square wonton wrappers (usually stocked with the tofu in the refrigerated section of the market)
- 1 cup dry coleslaw mix
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp. Newman's Own Lite Low Fat Sesame Ginger Dressing (or another low-fat sesame ginger dressing)
- 4 oz. cooked and shredded (or finely chopped) skinless lean chicken breast
- 2 tbsp. BBQ sauce with about 45 calories per 2-tbsp. serving
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Spray the inside and outside walls of a deep square or rectangular baking pan with nonstick spray. Evenly drape the wonton wrappers over the pan's walls on a diagonal, making triangle-shaped "shells." (Use two pans, if needed, to keep wontons from overlapping.) Bake until just crispy enough to hold their shape, about 3 minutes.
Remove pan from the oven, but leave oven on. Carefully remove wontons and gently open to form "taco shells." Set aside.
In a microwave-safe bowl, combine coleslaw mix, cilantro, and dressing. Mix well. Cover and microwave for about 1 minute, until slightly softened. Set aside.
In another bowl, combine chicken with BBQ sauce; mix well and set aside.
Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Evenly distribute the BBQ chicken among the shells, followed by the slaw, about 1 tbsp. of each per shell. Lay the filled shells gently on their sides on the baking sheet.
Spray the shells lightly with nonstick spray. Bake until warm and crunchy, about 5 minutes. Let cool slightly and then serve!
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
* A version of this recipe can be found in the "Starters" chapter of Hungry Girl 300 Under 300: 300 Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Dishes Under 300 Calories!
Hungry for More? Got leftover wonton wrappers? Click here for TONS of info about the lovable sheets of dough, including tips & tricks and an HG recipe roundup!
*The PointsPlus® values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Hungry Girl and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark.