| || |
PER SERVING (1/4th of recipe, 4 pieces): 132 calories, 3g fat, 335mg sodium, 17g carbs, 0.5g fiber, 1.5g sugars, 9g protein -- PointsPlus® value 3*
- 2 tbsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread (like Brummel & Brown)
- One 2-inch-wide French baguette (about 4 oz.)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Optional: salt, black pepper
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick spray.
Put butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave until melted, about 15 seconds. Set aside.
Using a serrated knife, cut baguette into 16 half-inch-thick slices. (Discard the ends or reserve for another use.) Evenly place on the baking sheet.
Using a pastry brush, evenly brush bread slices with melted butter. Sprinkle with garlic powder.
Bake in the oven until warm and crispy, about 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Add egg substitute and scramble until mostly cooked, about 3 minutes. Add tomato and basil and continue to scramble until fully cooked, about 1 minute.
Evenly distribute scrambled egg mixture among baked bread slices. If you like, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
* A version of this recipe can be found in the "Crowd Pleasers" chapter of Hungry Girl 300 Under 300: 300 Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Dishes Under 300 Calories!
Hungry for More? Look! It's another take on the Italian appetizer -- HG's Better Bruschetta Chicken Salad!
*The PointsPlus® and SmartPoints™ values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Hungry Girl and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe, or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark and SmartPoints™ trademark.