More Surprises, Shockers & Swaps
| || |
Veggie-rific Noodle-Free Lasagna
PER SERVING (1/4th of lasagna): 265 calories, 4.5g fat, 926mg sodium, 32.5g carbs, 11g fiber, 13.5g sugars, 24g protein -- PointsPlus® value 6*
- 3 medium zucchini, ends removed, sliced lengthwise
- 1 large portabella mushroom, sliced into strips
- 1 large eggplant, ends removed, sliced lengthwise
- 2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
- One 16-oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, thoroughly drained, patted dry
- 2 tbsp. fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 cup ground-beef-style soy crumbles (like the kinds by Boca and MorningStar Farms), thawed from frozen
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp. reduced-fat Parmesan-style grated topping
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Lay several paper towels next to the stove. (As you cook the veggies in the next step, transfer them to the paper towels to drain excess moisture.)
Bring a very large grill pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Evenly place zucchini, portabella mushroom, and eggplant in the pan, and cook until softened, about 2 minutes per side. (If you don't have a very large pan, just cook veggies in batches.) Set aside on paper towels.
In a large bowl, combine crushed tomatoes with garlic powder, onion powder, and Italian seasoning. Mix well and set aside.
In another large bowl, combine spinach, egg substitute, ricotta cheese, basil, salt, and nutmeg. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
Evenly coat the bottom of an 8" X 8" baking pan with about half of the seasoned crushed tomatoes. Evenly layer half of the sliced veggies over the tomatoes. Spread half of the spinach mixture into an even layer over the veggies. Top evenly with soy crumbles.
Evenly layer remaining veggies into the pan, placing them perpendicular to the first layer, followed by the remaining spinach mixture. Evenly cover with remaining seasoned crushed tomatoes. Evenly distribute mozzarella cheese and grated topping over the crushed tomatoes.
Bake in the oven until lasagna is hot and mozzarella cheese is golden brown, about 30 minutes.
Allow to cool slightly, cut into quarters, and enjoy!
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
* This recipe can also be found in the "International Favorites" chapter of Hungry Girl 300 Under 300: 300 Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Dishes Under 300 Calories!
Hungry for More? Who says lasagna needs red sauce? Click here for a rich 'n creamy lasagna recipe with (surprise!) an Alfredo-like sauce. Mmmm...
*The PointsPlus® and SmartPoints™ values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Hungry Girl and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe, or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark and SmartPoints™ trademark.