| || |
EZ as 1-2-3-Alarm Turkey Chili
PER SERVING (1/12th of recipe, about 1 cup): 176 calories, 3g fat, 765mg sodium, 23g carbs, 5.5g fiber, 6g sugars, 13g protein -- PointsPlus® value 4*
3 - 4 hours (high) or 7 - 8 hours (low)
- One 29-oz. can tomato sauce
- One 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
- One 15-oz. can chili beans (pinto beans in chili sauce), not drained
- One 15-oz. can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen sliced or chopped carrots
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn kernels
- 2 bell peppers (different colors), chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 - 3 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped, sauce reserved
- 2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 lb. raw lean ground turkey
- Optional: salt
Combine all ingredients except turkey and salt in a large bowl. Add 2 tsp. adobo sauce from the canned chipotle peppers. Mix to combine and coat all of the beans and veggies with sauce.
Put turkey in the bottom of a crock pot and break it up into small chunks. Top with the mixture from the large bowl, and mix well.
Cover and cook on high for 3 - 4 hours or on low for 7 - 8 hours.
Stir to distribute turkey. If you like, add salt to taste. Mmmmm!!!
MAKES 12 SERVINGS
HG FYI! The more chipotle peppers you add, the spicier your chili will be...
* This recipe can also be found in the "Crock Around the Clock" chapter of Hungry Girl 1-2-3: The Easiest, Most Delicious, Guilt-Free Recipes on the Planet!
Hungry for More? Don't put away that crock pot just yet. Click here for THREE more tasty slow-cooker recipes!
*The PointsPlus® values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Hungry Girl and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark.