The Crab Rangoonies
PER SERVING (1/4th of recipe, 4 crab rangoonies): 140 calories, 1.25g fat, 593mg sodium, 20g carbs, 1g fiber, 2g sugars, 8.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 3*
- 4 oz. flaked imitation crabmeat (or high-quality crabmeat)
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fat-free cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese, room temperature
- 1 tsp. reduced-sodium or lite soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 16 small square wonton wrappers (stocked with the tofu in the refrigerated section of the market)
- Optional: sweet and sour sauce, Chinese-style hot mustard
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
To make your filling, combine all ingredients except wonton wrappers and optional ingredients in a bowl, breaking up the cheese wedges as you add them. Mix until uniform.
Lay one wonton wrapper flat on a clean, dry surface. Spoon a heaping 1/2 tbsp. filling into the center. Moisten all four edges by dabbing your fingers in water and going over the edges smoothly. Fold the bottom left corner to meet the top right corner, forming a triangle and enclosing the filling. Press firmly on the edges to seal.
Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling, gently placing each rangoonie flat on the baking sheet. Spray the tops with nonstick spray. Bake in the oven for about 12 minutes, carefully flipping halfway through, until golden brown.
Allow to cool slightly. If you like, dip your rangoonies in some sweet and sour sauce or hot mustard!
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
* This recipe can also be found in the "Starters" chapter of Hungry Girl 300 Under 300: 300 Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Dishes Under 300 Calories!
Hungry for More? Feeling crabby? Make these recipes: Cool 'n Crabby Stuffed Tomatoes, Mexi-Crab Stuffed Poppers, and Ab-Fab Artichoke Crab Dip!
*The PointsPlus® values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Hungry Girl and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark.