| || |
Banana Split Pie
PER SERVING (1/8th of pie, 1 slice): 172 calories, 3.5g fat, 73mg sodium, 33g carbs, 2g fiber, 19.5g sugars, 3g protein -- PointsPlus® value 5*
- 3 cups light vanilla ice cream
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 cups Cool Whip Free, thawed from frozen
- One 60-calorie sugar-free chocolate pudding snack (like the kind by Jell-O)
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 2 tbsp. light chocolate syrup
- 1 tbsp. crushed dry-roasted peanuts
- 8 maraschino cherries
Set out all of your ingredients so your ice cream doesn't melt too much once you start assembling.
Once slightly softened, scoop ice cream into a large pie pan and spread into an even layer along the bottom. Evenly place strawberry slices flat over the ice cream, pressing down lightly so they adhere.
Put whipped topping in a bowl. Add pudding and mix thoroughly. Spread pudding/whipped topping mixture into a smooth layer over the strawberries. Evenly place banana slices flat over this layer, and drizzle with chocolate syrup. Sprinkle with nuts and evenly place the cherries on top of the pie. Freeze for about 4 hours (or overnight), until completely firm.
Allow the pie to sit at room temperature for 5 minutes before slicing. Cut into 8 slices and enjoy!
MAKES 8 SERVINGS
* For a SLEW of great desserts under 200 calories, check out these chapters in Hungry Girl 200 Under 200: 200 Recipes Under 200 Calories -- "Sweet Stuff," "Fun with Cool Whip Free," "Fun with Vitalicious," and "Yo, Cupcake!"
Hungry for More? Check out these sweet treats with less than 200 calories -- Crispy Pecan Pie Bites and Fudgy Marshmallow Cake Pops!
*The PointsPlus® and SmartPoints™ values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Hungry Girl and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe, or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark and SmartPoints™ trademark.