Cheeseburger Mac Attack
PER SERVING (1/8th of recipe, about 1 cup): 179 calories, 5.75g fat, 512mg sodium, 19g carbs, 2g fiber, 3.5g sugars, 12.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 5*
10 minutes plus 3 - 4 hours (high) or 7 - 8 hours (low)
- 5 oz. (about 1 1/4 cups) uncooked elbow macaroni with at least 2g fiber per 2-oz. serving
- 10 oz. raw lean ground turkey
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion (about 1/2 medium onion)
- 24 oz. (about 6 cups) frozen cauliflower and low-fat cheese sauce (like the kind by Green Giant)
- 3 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Optional: salt and black pepper
In a large pot, prepare pasta very al dente, cooking for about half of the time indicated on the package. Drain well and set aside.
In a bowl, combine turkey, ketchup, and onion. Mix well. Add frozen cauliflower and cheese sauce and gently mix. Transfer mixture to a crock pot. (A 4-qt. crock pot is best!)
Add cooked pasta to the crock pot and gently stir. Cover and cook on high for 3 - 4 hours or on low for 7 - 8 hours, until the turkey is fully cooked.
Add cheese wedges and scallions, and stir until evenly distributed.
If you like, season to taste with salt and pepper. Dig in!
MAKES 8 SERVINGS
* This recipe also can be found in the "Crock-Pot Fun" chapter of Hungry Girl 300 Under 300: 300 Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Dishes Under 300 Calories!
Hungry for More? Click here for three brand-new, guilt-free crock-pot recipes -- Turkey-rific Taco Bean Dip, Fruity & Tangy Cocktail Meatballs, and Berry Sweet-Tart Slow-Cookin' Cobbler! Mmmmm...
*The PointsPlus® values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Hungry Girl and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark.