8 Things to Know About HG Clean & Hungry
I keep hearing about your new book, Clean & Hungry. Can you tell me more about it? I don't know much about clean eating...
So glad you asked! The full book title is Hungry Girl Clean & Hungry: Easy All-Natural Recipes for Healthy Eating in the Real World. I'm obsessed with this particular book -- I think it’s the best Hungry Girl book yet. Here's the 411!
1. You don't need to know anything about clean eating to enjoy this book. If you're looking for healthy recipes that are delicious, easy, and great for weight management, you'll love Hungry Girl Clean & Hungry. Like all of my recipes, these feature huge portions and satisfy cravings for the decadent foods we all love: pizza, pasta, brownies... You name it!
2. Clean & Hungry is my real-world take on the clean-eating concept. I came up with the idea as a mainstream approach to eating clean. The ingredients are all-natural, there's little-to-no added sugar, and there are no heavily processed items in sight. But unlike some other approaches to clean eating, mine isn't intimidating or unrealistic... It's just the opposite.
3. There are full-color photos of every recipe! Yup: Every single recipe in this cookbook is accompanied by a gorgeous color photo. (This is a FIRST for Hungry Girl!) This way, you can see exactly what you're making before you make it. Words cannot describe how fantastic this is!
4. Besides being all-natural, all of the recipes are low in calories and SmartPoints®. These recipes work SO well with the Weight Watchers SmartPoints® plan. That's because there's a big emphasis on fruits and veggies here, which we all know are mostly points-free! In fact, "veggies are starch swaps" is a major theme in this book. The recipes also tend to be low in sugar and high in protein... both of which add up to low SmartPoints® values. FYI: The SmartPoints® values aren't included in the actual book, but you can find them all right here!
5. More than 100 of the recipes are gluten-free, and over 90 of 'em are vegetarian. Crazy but true! We're talking gluten-free pizza, baked goodies sans gluten, vegetarian casseroles, meatless burger patties, and more. A special section complete with page numbers IDs them all upfront; symbols throughout the book also let you know what's what.
6. The recipes are easy to make and don't call for hard-to-find ingredients. That's the real-world aspect. What good are healthy recipes if they're too complicated to make?
7. The book is crammed with new takes on classic HG concepts plus future favorites. Think egg mugs, growing oatmeal, slow cookers, foil packs, zucchini noodles, cauliflower rice, dessert bars, and more. Click here to check out ALL the chapters, recipe names, and photos!
8. You'll find plenty of single-serve recipes, plus multi-serving meals. We know some of you prefer recipes for one, while others like recipes to serve a small crowd. This book has loads of both. We also included lots of info on how to freeze and reheat leftovers for perfect results.
Can I tell you two more things about it? 1. It's available wherever books are sold... and you can order it online. (There are some great deals: Click around!) And 2. I'm kicking off a nationwide book-signing tour in New Jersey! After that, it's off to Long Island; Washington, DC; Birmingham, AL; Ft. Lauderdale; Chicago; St. Louis; Dallas; Kansas City, MO; and Phoenix. Get all the tour info here!
Chew on this:
Today, March 30th, is Turkey Neck Soup Day. Ummm... Nix the neck, and toss some lean ground turkey into this slow-cooker veggie soup.
There's way too much info here to relay by word of mouth... Click "Send to a Friend" now!
Send it in! She answers new Qs each week (but cannot respond to emails personally).
We may have received free samples of food, which in no way influences whether these products are reviewed favorably, unfavorably, mentioned with indifference, or mentioned at all. Click for more about our editorial and advertising policies.
SmartPoints® value* not what you expected? We follow the same method as Weight Watchers when calculating the SmartPoints® value* for a recipe: We add up the SmartPoints® values* of the individual ingredients. (Many foods have a value of zero and remain zero in recipes.)
*The PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Hungry Girl and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark and SmartPoints® trademark.