| || |
Sweet 'n Sticky Sesame Chicken
PER SERVING (1/2 of recipe, about 1 cup): 288 calories, 4g fat, 815mg sodium, 24g carbs, 2.25g fiber, 6g sugars, 37g protein -- PointsPlus® value 7*
- 10 oz. raw boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into nuggets
- 1/8 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. sugar-free pancake syrup
- 2 tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. ketchup
- 1/2 tbsp. reduced-sodium/lite soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. crushed garlic
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp. thinly sliced scallions
- Optional: red pepper flakes
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
Place chicken in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Top with egg substitute and toss to coat.
Put flour in wide bowl. One at a time, shake nuggets to remove excess egg and coat with flour. Evenly lay on the baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
To make the sauce, combine broth with cornstarch in a nonstick skillet; whisk to dissolve. Set heat to medium low. Add syrup, vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce, sesame oil, and garlic. Mix well. Cook and stir until thick enough to coat a spoon, 2 - 3 minutes.
Remove skillet from heat. Add chicken and toss to coat.
Plate and sprinkle with sesame seeds and scallions. If you like, add a sprinkle of red pepper flakes. Eat up!
MAKES 2 SERVINGS
Hungry for More? More Chinese chicken is coming your way... Check out HG's Sweet & Sour Chicken 1-2-3 and WOW Kung Pao!
*The PointsPlus® values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Hungry Girl and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark.