| || |
Chili Cheese Dog Nachos
PER SERVING (1/7th of recipe, 1 oz. chips with toppings): 218 calories, 3g fat, 674mg sodium, 36g carbs, 4.25g fiber, 4g sugars, 13g protein -- PointsPlus® value 6*
- 3 hot dogs with about 40 calories and 1g fat or less each (like Hebrew National 97% Fat Free)
- 2 cups EZ as 1-2-3-Alarm Turkey Chili or another low-fat turkey or veggie chili
- One 7-oz. bag baked tortilla chips (like Guiltless Gourmet or Baked! Tostitos Scoops!)
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion (about 1/4 onion)
- 3 slices fat-free American cheese, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- Optional: chopped scallions
Chop hot dogs into small pieces. Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat on the stove. Add chili and hot dog pieces and cook until hot, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
Arrange chips on an oven-safe platter or in a large casserole dish. Top chips with chili-dog mixture, followed by onion. Top evenly with cheese strips.
Broil until cheese begins to melt and bubble, about 2 minutes.
Top or serve with sour cream. Garnish with scallions, if you like. Eat!
MAKES 7 SERVINGS
* This recipe can also be found in the "Fast Food Faves..." chapter of Hungry Girl 1-2-3: The Easiest, Most Delicious, Guilt-Free Recipes on the Planet!
Hungry for More? Here's another protein-topped-nachos recipe -- Saucy Chick BBQ Nachos! And the best way to end your movie night? With dessert nachos!
*The PointsPlus® values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Hungry Girl and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark.