| || |
Funkadelic Chili Mac
PER SERVING (1/4th of recipe, about 1 3/4 cups): 297 calories, 2g fat, 637mg sodium, 55.5g carbs, 9.75g fiber, 11.5g sugars, 19g protein -- PointsPlus® value 8*
- One 14.5-oz. can stewed tomatoes, roughly chopped, juice reserved
- 1 cup canned red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen ground-beef-style soy crumbles (like the kinds by Boca and Morningstar Farms)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red or green bell pepper, stem removed, seeded, and chopped
- 1 cup chopped portabella mushrooms
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1 tsp. chili powder, or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin, or more to taste
- 5 oz. (about 1 1/4 cups) uncooked elbow macaroni with at least 2g fiber per 2-oz. serving
- 1/4 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- Optional: cayenne pepper
To make the chili, bring a large pot sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat on the stove. Add all of the ingredients -- including the reserved tomato juice -- except the macaroni, cheese, and optional spice. Stir thoroughly. Cover and cook until the veggies are tender, about 15 minutes, occasionally removing the lid to stir.
Meanwhile, in another large pot, prepare the macaroni according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
Once both are cooked, add the drained pasta to the pot of chili. Mix thoroughly. If you like, season to taste with cayenne pepper, additional chili powder, and additional cumin. Evenly top each serving with 1 tbsp. of cheese and enjoy!
* This recipe can also be found in the "Comfort Foods" chapter of Hungry Girl 300 Under 300: 300 Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Dishes Under 300 Calories!
Hungry for More? How about some hot dogs in your chili? Click here!
*The PointsPlus® and SmartPoints™ values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Hungry Girl and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe, or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark and SmartPoints™ trademark.