| || |
BLT Wonton Crunchies
PER SERVING (1/6th of recipe, 2 filled wontons): 93 calories, 3g fat, 435mg sodium, 12g carbs, 1g fiber, 2g sugars, 3.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 2*
- 6 slices center-cut bacon or turkey bacon
- 12 small square wonton wrappers (stocked with tofu in the refrigerated section of the market)
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp. Hellmann's/Best Foods Dijonnaise (or another mild creamy Dijon mustard)
- Dash each garlic powder, salt, and black pepper
- 3 large plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups finely chopped romaine or iceberg lettuce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat on the stove. Add bacon and cook until crispy, about 4 minutes per side. Set aside to drain and cool on paper towels.
Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray. Place each wonton wrapper into a cup of the muffin pan, and press it into the bottom and sides. Lightly spray the wrappers with nonstick spray.
Bake in the oven until light golden brown, about 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
In a large bowl, combine mayo, Dijonnaise, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Add chopped tomatoes and lettuce. Finely chop bacon and add about 3/4ths to the bowl; reserve the rest for topping. Gently stir until uniform. Set aside.
Transfer the cooled wonton shells to a plate. Evenly distribute the mixture among the shells, about 3 tbsp. per shell. Evenly top with remaining bacon. Serve immediately!
MAKES 6 SERVINGS
Hungry for More? Looking for more fun ways to use wonton wrappers? Click here for tons of ideas!
*The PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Hungry Girl and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe, or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark and SmartPoints® trademark.