| || |
Pump-Up-the-Jam Cocktail Weenies
1/14th of recipe (3 cocktail weenies with sauce): 88 calories, 1g total fat (0g sat fat), 692mg sodium, 14.5g carbs, 0g fiber, 8.5g sugars, 5.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 2* -- SmartPoints® value 3*
3 - 4 hours
- 14 hot dogs with about 40 calories and 1g fat or less each (like the kind by Hebrew National)
- 3/4 cup very finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chili sauce (the kind found by the ketchup)
- 3/4 cup low-sugar grape preserves/jelly
- 1 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
Cut each hot dog into thirds, leaving you with cocktail-sized franks. Place in a slow cooker. Add onion to the slow cooker as well.
In a bowl, combine chili sauce, preserves/jelly, and mustard; mix well. Add to the slow cooker and gently stir to coat.
Cover and cook on low for 3 - 4 hours.
Stir well and then serve up the hot dogs with extra sauce on top!
MAKES 14 SERVINGS
* A version of this recipe can be found in the "Crock Around the Clock" chapter of Hungry Girl 1-2-3: The Easiest, Most Delicious, Guilt-Free Recipes on the Planet and in the "Party Foods" chapter of Hungry Girl Happy Hour!
Hungry for More? Don't put away the slow cooker. Make these rockin' slow-cooker recipes!
*The PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Hungry Girl and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe, or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark and SmartPoints® trademark.