7 Healthy Habits for When You’re Stuck at Home During Quarantine
• Set a go-to-bed reminder and a wake-up alarm.
• Meditate before bed or listen to sleep stories. (Check out the Slumber app.)
• Make sure your room is dark and quiet. Turn down the brightness on digital displays, and use earplugs if needed.
• If you toss and turn, consider getting a weighted blanket to help you feel less restless.
• Track your intake with an app like My Water or Waterlogged.
• Keep your water bottle with you all day, just like if you were out and about.
• Challenge yourself to start and end each meal with a full glass of water.
Embrace the Outdoors
• Go for a walk (or a run, if you're feeling up to it).
• Chill on your porch or in your yard for 30 minutes.
• Open the drapes or blinds for more sunlight.
• Let the outside in: Crack the windows to get some breeze.
• Look for online workout videos that appeal to you, whether that's kickboxing, yoga, or old-school aerobics.
• Stretch in the morning. Stress can make your body tense up, so take a few minutes to loosen those muscles.
• When in doubt, Housewalk. Get your steps in walking around at home, or jog in place while you watch Netflix.
• Set up a Zoom meeting for any old reason: a virtual happy hour, an online family get-together, a digital book club… Whatever! You might be surprised how full your social life can still be.
• Don’t just text… Pick up the phone. Better yet, give a friend a video call. Seeing people’s faces can really perk us up during isolation.
• Watch a movie or read a book for a little healthy escapism.
• Listen to music or your favorite podcast (like Hungry Girl: Chew the Right Thing!).
• Take a bath. (Bonus points for aromatherapy candles.)
• Do a puzzle or some arts & crafts.
Maintain a Daily Routine
• Take a shower in the morning, and put on fresh clothes.
• Brush your hair, and maybe put on a bit of makeup. Even if you're not going to see anyone, taking pride in your appearance is a feel-good action.
• Whether or not you’re working, set a schedule for your day. Plan times for the activities mentioned above to give your day some structure.
Chew on this:
It's April 10th, National Hug Your Dog Day! Hanging with a pooch is one of our favorite stay-at-home activities, so give your favorite canines a snuggle! Lolly and Bam Bam, get over here...
Help your buddies feel like their best selves. Click "Send to a Friend" now.
We may have received free samples of food, which in no way influences whether these products are reviewed favorably, unfavorably, mentioned with indifference, or mentioned at all. Click for more about our editorial and advertising policies.
SmartPoints® value* not what you expected? We follow the same method as WW (formerly known as Weight Watchers) when calculating the value of a recipe: We add up the SmartPoints® values* of the individual ingredients using the Recipe Builder, not the calculator. (Many foods have a value of zero and remain zero in recipes.)
*The SmartPoints® values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Hungry Girl and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe or its manufacturer or developer by WW International, Inc., the owner of the SmartPoints® trademark.