| || |
Grilled Fuji-n-Chick 'Wich
PER SERVING (entire recipe): 298 calories, 5.5g fat, 659mg sodium, 30g carbs, 6g fiber, 10g sugars, 33g protein -- PointsPlus® value 7*
- One 4-oz. raw boneless skinless lean chicken breast cutlet
- Dash each salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup peeled and thinly sliced Fuji apple
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 dashes ground sage
- 2 dashes garlic powder
- 2 slices light bread
- 1 wedge The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese
- 1 tsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread (like Brummel & Brown), room temperature, divided
Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat on the stove. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 4 minutes on one side.
Flip chicken in the skillet. Add apple, onion, sage, and garlic powder. Cook until apple and onion have softened and chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes.
Meanwhile, lay bread slices flat and evenly spread the upward-facing sides with cheese.
Evenly top one slice with chicken and apple-onion mixture. Place the other bread slice on top with the cheese-covered side down. Press gently to seal. Set aside.
Remove skillet from heat. Clean skillet, if needed. Re-spray and return to medium heat on the stove.
Spread 1/2 tsp. of butter on the upward-facing bread slice. Place sandwich in the skillet with the buttered side down. Spread the remaining 1/2 tsp. of butter on the upward-facing bread slice.
Cook sandwich until hot and toasty, 1 - 2 minutes per side, flipping it gently.
Allow to cool slightly. Then cut it in half, if you like, or just bite right in! Yummm...
MAKES 1 SERVING
* A version of this recipe can also be found in the "Sandwiches" chapter of Hungry Girl 300 Under 300: 300 Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Dishes Under 300 Calories!
Hungry for More? Check out this swap for a fatty deli-style favorite -- it's our Totally Nuts Creamy Chicken Salad Sandwich!
*The PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Hungry Girl and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe, or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark and SmartPoints® trademark.