Edible Idols: Bacon & Peanut Butter
| || |
Bacon-Bundled BBQ Shrimp
PER SERVING (1/4th of recipe, 4 pieces): 154 calories, 5.5g fat, 612mg sodium, 6.5g carbs, <0.5g fiber, 5g sugars, 16.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 4*
- 1/3 cup canned tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar (not packed)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 8 slices turkey bacon or center-cut bacon, halved widthwise
- 16 large (not jumbo) raw shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
To make the BBQ sauce, combine tomato sauce, ketchup, vinegar, sugar, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
Lightly spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Take a half-slice of bacon and coat it in the BBQ sauce. Wrap the sauce-covered bacon around a shrimp and place it on the baking sheet with the end of the bacon down.
Repeat with the rest of the bacon and shrimp.
Bake in the oven until the shrimp are cooked through, 10 - 15 minutes. So good!
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
* A version of this recipe can be found in the "Party Foods" chapter of Hungry Girl Happy Hour and in the "Start Me Up!" chapter of Hungry Girl 200 Under 200: 200 Recipes Under 200 Calories!
Hungry for More? Click here for another rockin' shrimp and bacon recipe -- Shrimp & Grits... for Hungry Chicks!
*The PointsPlus® and SmartPoints™ values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Hungry Girl and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe, or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark and SmartPoints™ trademark.