Easy Ways to Burn 100 Calories
Health Myths Exposed on the Hungry Girl Podcast!
⭑ the recent studies around erythritol’s safety
⭑ whether or not you should take multivitamins
⭑ if your metabolism really slows down as you age
… and so much more!
And subscribe so you never miss an episode.
1. Walk It OffIt only takes about 25 minutes of moderate housewalking to burn 100 calories. (Click here to learn more about housewalking!) If you have a fitness tracker, track your steps, and see how many you can rack up in those 25 minutes.
2. Get Your Stretch OnDo a little light yoga while you’re watching TV or waiting for dinner to be ready. With 35 minutes of simple yoga, you burn 100 calories. Freestyle it, or treat yourself to this beginners DVD set.
3. Dance Party for OneCrank up your favorite tunes and bust a move while you vacuum, fold laundry, or declutter. In 20 minutes, you’ll burn 100 calories and have a cleaner house. That’s a win-win!
4. Step UpHave a staircase at work? Hit the stairs on your lunch break or just before starting your day! It only takes 10 minutes of stair climbing to burn 100 calories.
5. Walk and TalkRecruit a coworker to join you for a 25-minute midday walk. You’ll burn 100 calories without breaking a sweat, and the rest of the day will fly by thanks to the rush of endorphins.
6. Play CatchHead outside and throw around a Frisbee. No need to get competitive! Just toss it back and forth to burn 100 calories in 30 minutes.
7. Roll a StrikeGrab a friend and head to the bowling alley. Half an hour knocking pins down burns 100 calories! Bonus points if you do a victory lap.
8. Hit the TrailExplore the great outdoors with some light hiking. You can burn 100 calories in just 15 minutes. HG tip: Pick up these high-waisted fitness capris for added comfort… They have POCKETS!
9. Get DirtyHave a garden? Start digging, weeding, and planting. You’ll enjoy time outside and burn calories at the same time—up to 100 in 20 minutes!
10. Dive InYou don’t have to be Michael Phelps to make waves in the pool. Burn 100 calories in less than 15 minutes with light to moderate swimming.
11. Play BallOrganize a friendly game of horse: All you need is a basketball hoop and ball. You’ll burn 100 calories in just 20 minutes.
12. Get OrganizedFind a closet and start cleaning. From sorting and stacking to dusting and folding, you’ll burn 100 calories in 35 minutes.
13. Bump, Set, Spike!Burn off some energy (and 100 calories in 30 minutes!) with a casual game of beach volleyball. No worries if you don’t have a net. Just draw a line in the sand (literally, not figuratively!).
14. Bike It OutExplore your neighborhood by bicycle. Recreational biking burns 100 calories per 20-minute session. Don’t forget your helmet!
15. Practice Your SwingHit up the driving range or a mini golf course. You can improve your putting game and burn 100 calories in just 30 minutes. Score!
16. Head to the WaterEnjoy a change of scenery, and go canoeing or paddle boarding. You’ll burn 100 calories per half-hour. Don’t live near a large body of water? Many parks with small lakes offer rentals.
17. Make DinnerSpend 45 minutes chopping, dicing, and baking to burn 100 calories. Home-cooked meals never tasted so good!
18. DecorateChannel your inner Joanna Gaines and rearrange the furniture. Your living room gets a makeover, and you’ll burn 100 calories in 15 minutes.
19. Rake It 'Til You Make ItDo some yard work. Raking burns 100 calories in 25 minutes. And when winter comes back around, shoveling snow burns 100 calories in just 15 minutes!
20. Stand UpHave a desk job? You can burn an extra 100 calories by standing at your desk for 20 minutes every hour during an 8-hour day. (If you're interested in updating your home office, consider an adjustable standing desk!)
21. Tag, You’re It!Hate the treadmill? Chase your kids for 25 minutes instead. You’ll burn 100 calories, and your kids will run off some energy!
22. Head to the MallHere’s an excuse to go shopping: Walking around a store and trying on clothes for 30 minutes burns 100 calories.
23. Say Yes to Holding the BabyIf you have a baby (or a close friend with one), consider snuggles your new exercise routine. It only takes 25 minutes of bouncing while carrying an infant to burn 100 calories. That adds up!
24. Push ItGet outside with your favorite baby! Pushing a stroller for 35 minutes burns an extra 100 calories. The fresh air is a bonus.
25. Save MoreNext time you’re at the grocery store, grab a basket instead of a cart. You’ll burn 100 calories in 30 minutes, and you probably won’t pick up as many items you don’t need.
What are YOUR favorite go-to calorie burners? Tell us in the Hungry Girl Community: What's Chewin'? group on Facebook!
Chew on this:
Happy Chocolate Ice Cream Day, June 7th! We’ve got our eye on Halo Top’s new Chocolate Ice Cream Cake flavor…
Spread the word! Share this info with friends that like to know things.
We may receive affiliate compensation from some of these links. Prices and availability are subject to change.
We may have received free samples of food, which in no way influences whether these products are reviewed favorably, unfavorably, mentioned with indifference, or mentioned at all. Click for more about our editorial and advertising policies.
*The WW Points® values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Hungry Girl and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe or its manufacturer or developer by WW International, Inc., the owner of the Points® trademark.
Questions on the WW Points® values listed? Click here.
Hungry Girl provides general information about food and lifestyle. This information and any linked materials are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice, nor is the information a substitute for professional medical expertise or treatment. Click here for more information.