| || |
Four-Cheese Stuffed-Silly Mushrooms
PER SERVING (1/4th of recipe, 3 stuffed mushrooms): 118 calories, 1.5g fat, 359mg sodium, 16g carbs, 2.5g fiber, 6g sugars, 12g protein -- PointsPlus® value 3*
- 12 medium-large baby bella mushrooms (each about 2 inches wide)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 cups roughly chopped spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp. reduced-fat Parmesan-style grated topping
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick spray and set aside.
Gently remove the stems from the mushrooms and set stems aside. Place the mushroom caps on the sheet, rounded sides down.
Bake in the oven for 12 - 14 minutes. (Afterward, do not turn the oven off.)
Meanwhile, chop mushroom stems. Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat on the stove. Add mushroom stems, onion, and chopped garlic. Cook and stir until softened, about 2 minutes. Add spinach and continue to cook and stir until wilted. Set aside. If needed, pat dry.
Once mushroom caps are cool enough to handle, pat dry until free of excess moisture; set aside (still on the baking sheet). In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, cream cheese, nutmeg, salt, and mozzarella cheese. Mix well. Add cooked veggie mixture, and stir until blended.
Evenly distribute the cheese-veggie mixture among the mushroom caps. They will be super-stuffed and the mixture will be piled on top!
In a small bowl, mix Parm-style topping with garlic powder. Sprinkle the stuffed mushrooms with this mixture.
Return sheet to the oven and bake until topping begins to brown, 8 - 10 minutes. Let cool slightly and enjoy!!!
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
* A version of this recipe can be found in the "Start Me Up!" chapter of Hungry Girl 200 Under 200: 200 Recipes Under 200 Calories and in the "Party Foods" chapter of Hungry Girl Happy Hour!
Hungry for More? Everything tastes better when it's stuffed with cheese. Click here for three recipes for cheese-stuffed chicken! And here's a LARGE stuffed-mushroom recipe!
*The PointsPlus® values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Hungry Girl and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark.