| || |
Bestest Baked Apples
PER SERVING (1 apple): 104 calories, <0.5g fat, 10mg sodium, 27g carbs, 4g fiber, 21g sugars, 0.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 3*
- 4 medium Rome or Braeburn apples
- 1 can (12 oz.) diet black cherry soda
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon, or more for topping
- 1/2 cup Fat Free Reddi-wip
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Core apples. Place them in a casserole dish.
Pour the entire can of soda over the apples. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
Bake in the oven until apples are tender, about 45 minutes.
Top each apple with 2 tbsp. of the Reddi-wip. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon, if you like. Enjoy!
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
* A version of this recipe can be found in the "Fruity Call" chapter of Hungry Girl: Recipes and Survival Strategies for Guilt-Free Eating in the Real World!
Hungry for More? Once you've mastered this recipe, try another baked apple dessert -- Downtown Apple Betty Brown!
*The PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Hungry Girl and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe, or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark and SmartPoints® trademark.