| || |
PER SERVING (1/5th of recipe, 1 sandwich): 296 calories, 8g fat, 770mg sodium, 33g carbs, 3g fiber, 11g sugars, 26g protein -- PointsPlus® value 8*
- 1 lb. raw lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp. steak seasoning blend, dry
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 cup canned tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup canned no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 5 small hamburger buns (light, if available)
Spray a large skillet with nonstick spray and bring to medium-high heat on the stove. Add turkey and sprinkle with steak seasoning and salt. Cook and crumble for about 8 minutes, until mostly cooked.
Reduce heat to medium. Add onion, bell pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and vinegar. Mix well and continue to cook and crumble for about 5 minutes, until meat is fully cooked.
Reduce heat to low. Add tomato sauces, tomato paste, and sugar. Stir well. Stirring occasionally, cook until hot, about 5 minutes.
Toast the buns, if desired. Evenly distribute the mixture among the bottom buns and then finish off with the tops of the buns. Enjoy!
MAKES 5 SERVINGS
* A version of this recipe can be found in the "Manly Meals" chapter of Hungry Girl: Recipes and Survival Strategies for Guilt-Free Eating in the Real World!
Hungry for More? Click here for HG's fork-friendly Sloppy Joe Stir-Fry Slaw!
*The PointsPlus® and SmartPoints™ values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Hungry Girl and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe, or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark and SmartPoints™ trademark.